Friday, December 19, 2008

Here's the deal....

Ok

You will have to forgive my tome I have been listening to Seth Harwood's first Jack Palms book and well some of the crime fiction lingo is probably in my head but you know sometimes you have to just roll with it.

There are all these great cats out there that for the last three years and counting have been giving us the fruits of their imagination for free and hell I have loved all the stuff that they have been dealing into my ears. I have only been into this podcast thing for a year but have to say that its the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, my girlfriend not withstanding. I have to credit these people with the fact that I found out about NaNoWriMo, participated and finished a all be it bad novel and that I have the drive to try my had at some short fiction this month. 

Now its time that I try to give back to them somehow....and having few funds to spare I have to just try this way - spread the word one possible reader at a time. If you have a commute to work or school give your mp3 space to one of them and hell you will find something you like out there - 

Since I am listening to some Harwood I put a link to the opening of his first audiobook and hell its free so give him a listen....give him 4 episodes if you like shows like the Wire or movies like Snatch and Get Shorty. He is worth the time - hell I'm hooked and what do you have to loose all the his are free unless you find yourself wanting to step up and hook a brother up this next year. He's got a major publishing deal for himself.

Oh an if the show The Wire is your thing do check out Young Junius - it fills that need if you are missing the show...scroll to the bottom of the page to get a taste.....

No comments:

Lady Gaga