Thursday, April 9, 2009

farewell Dave

Today I saw thenews that Dave Arneson is gone. This I cought on Tabletop Gaming News and at Tor.com.Thought I have not actually roleplayed for a couple of decades (with the spotty exception of two games last year); I did for many years from my early teens into my mid-thirties and have kept my eyes on the growth and the changes in the industry since then. In the last year I recall hearing an interview with Dave I think on the Sons Of Kryoss when it was still just an audio cast or one of the other myriad gaming podcasts that I was listening to at the time(check the list to follow with links if possible) .......

Though I could not have told you the names of the men responsible for the hobby I loved then I know who they are now and I would like to thank Dave and gary both for many fine and fun memories I hope to retain till I shuffle off this mortal coil.....

If there is an afterlife I wish them an adventure there .......

Thanks Dave and good speed......

G.

The gameing Podcasts I have listened to and would recommend.....

The Sons of Kryos
The D6 Generation a warning they usually are about 3 hrs long.......
Durham 3 (I don't think they still record)
Stabbing Contest (hi Ogre)
Masterplan
2D6 Feet in a Random Direction
Voice of the Revolution

Most of these are focused on the "indy" game scene and reflect my interest in less main stream gaming...... though I have fond memories for D&D and would play it still - I love the new direction of the industry ......... if you have similar thoughts you need to check out and join StoryGames - its are very good and accepting community ..........

take care and see you

No comments:

Lady Gaga